Worried about plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried about plan

Our attorney filed us on Tuesday as a 13 but still has not told us how much we will be paying per month. What if it's too much for us to pay? Can we cancel what he's filed?

how did he file without you signing the papers?

Comment

yeah good question

Comment

seems weird to me. My attorney said we'd come in the day before filing and go over everything.

Comment

Maybe they had them pre-sign the petition when they paid a retainer.

Comment

He used an electronic signature and had us sign something the day after. It's all really sketchy to me. We didn't even know what chapter we were filing. He never told us until I read the paperwork he filed. I found out that because of a large moving allowance we received that our payment is going to be $3500 per month! That's twice what we were paying before and we couldn't even pay that! That moving allowance never even made it into our pocket. It went straight to the moving company and housing.

Comment

In many Chapter 13 cases, the attorney does not file the Plan until 15 days after filing the petition. This is allowed and gives the attorney a couple of more weeks to work on the Plan.

Originally posted by brokebutcute
              We didn't even know what chapter we were filing. He never told us until I read the paperwork he filed. I found out that because of a large moving allowance we received that our payment is going to be $3500 per month!
              I hate to be the one to say this, but that lawyer was not working for YOU.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

you might want to get another attorney and let this one go and hope that another attorney can straighten out this mess

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X