Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what did you wear to your 341?

Hi all-
    Tuesday is the big day for us! Glad to get this over with. I'm not nearly as nervous as I used to be after hearing about all of your smooth 341's. Our attorney is a shark and I know we are in good hands.

So, what did you wear. I forgot to ask the attorney and don't want to accure more $ by asking..?

Ha! This is a common question here on this board At my 341 people were dressed pretty casual, jeans, shirt and sneakers. I wore nice jeans and a short sleeve sweater with flats. Only the attorney's were nicely dressed at my 341, the Trustee was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and slacks!

Don't over think this
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Just make sure it's something you don't mind getting a little blood on. Those DNA draws can sometimes get messy.
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
        Just make sure it's something you don't mind getting a little blood on. Those DNA draws can sometimes get messy.
        LOLOL.

We wore business casual. No flashy jewelry, no Guichi handbags. Light on the makeup. You wives do the same. LOL. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
          LOL!!! Nothing like scaring the "newbies" even more!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Good luck! It's no big deal. My wife and I were business casual. I wore slacks, nice shirt, she wore a dress/heels (but then again she ALWAYS does)
            Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
            341 Meeting 09/09/09
            Discharged 11/12/09
            Closed 12/14/09

Comment

That's it! I'm wearing my hawaiian shirt!!

Comment

I dare you to wear it. And take pictures. Debtmonster even snuck a few photos in of his 341. He's got some nerve...
                341 Meeting 09/09/09
                Discharged 11/12/09
                Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by flower04 View Post
                  So, what did you wear. I forgot to ask the attorney and don't want to accure more $ by asking..?
                  My Rolex Mariner watch, my diamond encrusted Nike sneakers, my Giorgio Armani custom tailored suit, my Hugo Boss leather belt and my Tiffany's diamond necklace carved into the word "G Money".

Of course I didn't wear such, and neither should you.

Our District specifically states to dress according to your means. They want no sandals, slippers, short, torn jeans, tank tops, mid-riff shirts... you get the picture. I've seen everyone from a work uniform including coveralls, to modestly dressed... but no one except for me in a Suit. I did wear an moderately expensive suit, but, hey, that's me... I wear them to work. I did not wear my Movado watch. I literally only had $16.00 in my pocket that day so... it's not like I had much.

Do not wear any expensive jewelry. As a matter of fact, wear none. While it is rare, the Trustee may see a huge 3ct diamond on your hand and then ask "where is that ring on your Schedule B?"

(Regarding the suits I wear to Court all the time... now that I think about it, that's probably why I keep getting stopped by strangers around the Courthouse Complex, asking me if I'll represent them, or if they can ask me a "legal" question. Sheesh... can I ask you a legal question. Answer: "If you stay out of trouble, you don't need to ask me any legal question." )
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I went in casual jeans and a nice shirt. But if I have to do it again I think I will go dressed like this:

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by debtprison View Post
                      I went in casual jeans and a nice shirt. But if I have to do it again I think I will go dressed like this:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Page...with-clock.jpg
                      Exactly what I'm talking about!
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by flower04 View Post
                        Hi all-
                        Tuesday is the big day for us! Glad to get this over with. I'm not nearly as nervous as I used to be after hearing about all of your smooth 341's. Our attorney is a shark and I know we are in good hands.

I wore a fuchsia surfer shorts and a black tank top. Oh, and a pair of flip-flops that matched my shorts. If you prefer, wear a baseball cap and sunglasses!
                        Filed March 2009

Comment

Wow I forgot all about this what to wear. My 341 is this coming Thursday
                          I do have a Hawaiian shirt and some free 7UP shorts I got from a "winning" Dr.Pepper cap
                          Chapter 13ner

Comment

Originally posted by debtprison View Post

That is awesome. I'd love to see Flava Flav and the TT.
                            341 Meeting 09/09/09
                            Discharged 11/12/09
                            Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Haha! This is great. Thanks for the tips. Think I'll leave the flip-flops at home....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X