Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bank account and closed line of credit

Hello once again,
    I have a Regions checking account (had it for about 2 years). I got a line of credit for over draft protection (because I didnt have a savings account). Well I never used the line of credit until about a week before my case was filed. I put 94 dollars on it, knowing I was gonna pay it off next month when i got paid. Well this line was credit wasnt in my bankruptcy because it had a 0 balance. Well I got a letter stated that they closed my account because I filed, I got lots of these letters, laywer's said the letters werent a problem.

What happens to this 94 dollars? I would be willing to pay it, does it just disappear? Does the bank of the right to take it out of my checking account? I went online like a few days later to pay it off and well the account was gone, but my checking account was still there (so thats a good sign).

I do have a high interest savings account with ING, should I sign up for a checking account with them and close my Regions account? I dont want this to blow up over 94 dollars.

Thanks
    Chapter 13 Filed: August 17, 2009
    341 Meeting: September 29, 2009

Originally posted by ame8199 View Post
    I have a Regions checking account (had it for about 2 years). I got a line of credit for over draft protection (because I didnt have a savings account). Well I never used the line of credit until about a week before my case was filed. I put 94 dollars on it, knowing I was gonna pay it off next month when i got paid. Well this line was credit wasnt in my bankruptcy because it had a 0 balance.
    Here's the issue, ame - if you used the LOC a week before you filed, the balance wasn't zero on filing day. The debt should have been included on your creditors list. However, $94 isn't much - it would cost your bank more to try to collect it than the debt itself would return.

You have two choices - (1) ask your lawyer to amend your filing to include the $94 (it costs a $23 court fee to do this + any extra fees your lawyer might charge). Option (2) is if the LOC charge ever raises its head in the future, just pay it.

Ask your lawyer which is the best approach in your case. Good luck!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I dont want to add it to my filing. Do you recommend me contacting them to pay it or just wait to see if they notice it? I know I owe it, I just dont want it to cause problems in the future.
      Chapter 13 Filed: August 17, 2009
      341 Meeting: September 29, 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X