How long does it take to get confirmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take to get confirmed?

I'm in PA and my planning to file on 4/1. I'm hoping to be confimed before July since I might be receiving a bonus July/Aug. I'd liek to be confimed before the bonus becomes an issue. Is this unrealistic?

Either way, the bonus is income and needs to be calculated in to your income(if you receive recurring bonuses) or given to the trustee when paid.
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Still waiting on confirmation

We filed 9/26/08 and are still not confirmed. We had a situation with husband's exwife we had to resolve.

Comment

I filed in PA in May and I am still not confirmed. Confirmation date has been rescheduled twice already but hopefully the one in October will stay scheduled.

Comment

Uh! I read some other posts where people were able to keep raises if they were less than 10% of their income. I was hoping I could "keep" all or part of the bonus based on it being a small % of my salary. The more I'm learning about BK, it harder it seems to be. I understand that the trustee wants to make sure creditors receive all disposible income - but as small as the IRS standards are the trustee doesn't leave any room for handling normal emergencies (sickness, car repairs, heating bills in the winter, etc.).

Comment

I filed 5/21 and was confirmed on 7/14. You will need to talk to your lawyer about the bonus. For me, the 10% rule for income increases is in my confirmation paperwork. I am not sure what your district does with regards to income increases. However, if you KNOW you're gonna get a bonus, it does need to be counted in future income.
            CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
            Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

Jammed, whether you have to turn your bonus over or not depends on your Ch 13 trustee's preferences and customs, and also on the amount of the bonus. There is *NO* consistency on this between trustees, sometimes even in the same local court. Your lawyer will have to tell you what to expect with your trustee.
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

My lawyer said our trustee would move to have the case dismissed if they found out you have gotten bonuses in the past on a regular basis and did not make a reasonable estimate of those bonuses in to your payment plan.
                "They aren't guarenteed" or "They might go down soon" are not acceptable.

My payment is an extra $300/mo based on my bonus and i've already been told those are going way down. I was just told the trustee would not have a problem ammending the plan once I have something offical saying how much they are going down or have gotten 1 or 2 at the lower rate.

But like was said, seems to vary by district.
                Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X