When do I panic, my payment has not posted yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do I panic, my payment has not posted yet

I mailed my payment Tuesday (darn holiday) and its not on datacenter yet....should I panic?

I called the money order status # and it has not been cashed yet either.

do you think things are ok?

Filed July 09
    Confirmation - June 2010
    Final Payment - June 2014 - 7/2/14 DISCHARGED

Originally posted by indebt00 View Post
    I mailed my payment Tuesday (darn holiday) and its not on datacenter yet....should I panic?

First, not to be stupid or anything, WHAT are you talking about??? What payment? Why panic? 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Did you track the payment? I always advise my clients to track the payments they send to Ramapo.
      I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

I'm assuming you mean your Ch 13 payment. How did you send it? Through regular mail with stamps? Some other trackable way besides whether the money order was cashed or not?

Probably. Most Ch 13 trustees don't get antsy and impatient until you've missed the payment completely by several weeks. A few days late this one time shouldn't matter. However, I would tell your lawyer that the payment could be a little late this month in case your trustee calls him/her to ask about it.

In the future, please start sending your payment by some independent trackable delivery method (for ex, registered, return receipt US Postal Service) so you can find out where the payment is if it doesn't make it to your trustee on time. Also when you make a payment, make checking the calendar for the next month a habit so you can anticipate holidays or post office days off around payment time. You don't want to get on your trustee's radar as someone who makes late payments.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Payroll deduction is the way to go. No mailing, no forgetting and always on time! Had to mail the first one using a US Postal money order and a tracking #.
          Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

I have found that it takes about a week after sending to show up on 13datacenter and when it does show up it will reflect the actual day that they received and posted the payment.

Comment

I have my payment taken right out of my bank account. It is great...I don't have to even think about it!

Comment

To those who suggested payroll/banking...can't...we are following the trustee's instructions.

Yes it was my ch 13 payment...sorry figured you all would know

I called the trustee's office today and the clerk has been out a few days this week so not all mail has been processed. I called the money order status and it was presented for pymt yesterday. so the trustee's office said not to worry and call back Monday to check.

it would be a nightmare if the money orders were stolen...could you imagine. $1100...omg...not going there.

and I am anal about paying early....but things happen...and I had no clue Monday was a holiday until I pulled up to the bank

that won't happen again.

Filed July 09
                Confirmation - June 2010
                Final Payment - June 2014 - 7/2/14 DISCHARGED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X