chapter 13 payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chapter 13 payments

I did the means test on NOLO then I noticed that it talks about the DMI and how much there is etc. Just curious. I ntoiced that when it figures the trustee fees for Indiana it is based on the payment of 25% of by unsecured debt divided by 60 and the combo of my 2 car payments and the mortgages.

IF there is $500 DMI does that also go into the plan? I dont see how ass the trustee fee is based on the payment schema I listed above. I am so confused.......

I am not sure exactly what your asking and believe me I am new to all of this too. I just filed 10-22-09... I am in PA and the trustee fee is 3% (one bright spot in all this) ..
    Do you have an attorney in mind yet ?? They would know the % the trustee gets.
    Also, is your DMI $500 after the schedules I & J ?????
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by jwdad View Post
      I dont see how ass the trustee fee is based on the payment schema I listed above. I am so confused.......
      Let's handle the trustee's administrative fee first. If you file after Nov 1, 2009, here's the link to each state's trustee administrative fee - http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa...3_exp_mult.htm . This is the percentage that will be added to your Ch 13 payment when you file, and is how your Ch 13 trustee gets paid for his/her work administering your case for three or five years.

I believe the schema you are struggling with is the formula used to ensure that your Ch 13 payment pays creditors at least what they would get in a Ch 7.

What matters when determining your Ch 13 payment is what shows as your disposable income on the Means Test or Schedule I minus J. Which takes precedence depends on your local court's prior case law decisions or custom.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks for the info. I hope we qualify for a chapter 7 as we need this fresh start. many factors out of our control that sent us this way and I hope everyone out there struggling regardless of why gets some peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
          Let's handle the trustee's administrative fee first. If you file after Nov 1, 2009, here's the link to each state's trustee administrative fee - http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa...3_exp_mult.htm . This is the percentage that will be added to your Ch 13 payment when you file, and is how your Ch 13 trustee gets paid for his/her work administering your case for three or five years.

I believe the schema you are struggling with is the formula used to ensure that your Ch 13 payment pays creditors at least what they would get in a Ch 7.

What matters when determining your Ch 13 payment is what shows as your disposable income on the Means Test or Schedule I minus J. Which takes precedence depends on your local court's prior case law decisions or custom.
          So if my DMI is only $300.00 then that would be my payment for my chapter 13 (for my secured debt 2nd mortgage)?
          I also understand that the unsecured cc's get what they would have if I had filed chapter 7. Because I fall under the median. Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by sufferingAZ View Post
            So if my DMI is only $300.00 then that would be my payment for my chapter 13 (for my secured debt 2nd mortgage)?
            I also understand that the unsecured cc's get what they would have if I had filed chapter 7. Because I fall under the median. Is that true?
            Calculating the Ch 13 payment is complicated. It's not a direct reflection of your actual income minus expenses. Instead the payment is based either on the disposable income showing on the Means Test or the disposable income showing on Schedule I minus J (which one depends on the case law in your bk district and the customs of your local court).

Did you come up with $300 DMI yourself or did an experienced bk lawyer calculate it? Was this the DMI value from the Means Test or from the Schedules?
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

My DMI is what I has left over from the means test. Where can I find schedule I & J?

Comment

Originally posted by sufferingAZ View Post
                My DMI is what I has left over from the means test. Where can I find schedule I & J?
                Here is a link to all of them:

You will need to print and hand-fill it out.
                19% dividend

Comment

I filled all of this myself and am dumbfounded about how the trustee came up with a different amount. And its not pennies !! SO just beware what you come up with and what they come up can be quite different Yours is just a rough estimate ..
                  Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                  Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                  Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X