Trustee asking for us to surrender cars or pay $300/mo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    Okay, forgotten, we're getting this i pieces, and that's why it's confusing. Above you wrote that you stated that your lawyer's email said "In Schedule J, we listed those at a total of $1,259". With your update... yes, you are over the limit.
    Well, that was her email... but I looked over the schedules and I came up with $1614 (I don't think she included my gas expense in the number).

Any idea of if I have to make up the difference on the payments I have already made or if you just have to start making the new payment?
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
      Any idea of if I have to make up the difference on the payments I have already made or if you just have to start making the new payment?
      Depends on how your new plan looks. You lawyer may have factored it to start with the next payment (by spreading the payments you missed over the 60 months), or you may need to ask for permission to catch up on the payments. I don't know.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Do you think it would be possible to try and negotiate a lower payment with the credit union? Anyone every heard of such a thing?

If they would lower the interest rate and/or extend the term that would prevent me from having to surrender the car to them so it seems like it might be in their best interest?

Worth a shot, or no chance in heck?
        Filed CH13 - 06/2009
        Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X