top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd appt with attorney today..questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd appt with attorney today..questions?

Met with the attorney for the second time today., paid filing fee etc., also gave him earning statements 2008 tax return and a list of credit card debts., He then asked me questions about expenses, there were some of the expenses like vet bills., recreation , entertainment he said they would not allow., I just realized
    " I forgot to tell him about my student loans., I will call his office tomorrow and tell them about that amount"
    Also he suggested that this would be the time to turn in my leased vehicle and have my mom purchase a vehicle for me and that the trustee would definately permit me making the car payments.
    He said to let him know as they would be typing up the paperwork and to make an appt to go over and sign things in two weeks.
    Does this seem the norm?

Also, if I file bankruptcy I know the student loans are not discharged but If I want to go back to school while paying the 13 will I be able to get student loans?
    Last edited by whirlwind123; 11-10-2009, 02:04 PM.

Originally posted by whirlwind123 View Post
    Also he suggested that this would be the time to turn in my leased vehicle and have my mom purchase a vehicle for me and that the trustee would definately permit me making the car payments.
    Uh, if you have no legal responsibility to pay, then the Trustee isn't going to allow this. Please ask your attorney again.

Originally posted by whirlwind123 View Post
    He said to let him know as they would be typing up the paperwork and to make an appt to go over and sign things in two weeks. Does this seem the norm?
    Let him know what?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X