Borrowed $3200 to file BK.....I know..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borrowed $3200 to file BK.....I know..

I had no other choice, I'm so broke! DH making $300 bi-wkly, etc.

Question is this:

How is that loan going to look by trustee (i'm in NC)? Do I have to include in BK?

And, how could some people be paying $500 ia month for a 350K debt? And we have 40K in unsecured debt, a house in foreclosure and making between 600-1200 a month with 2 kddos in tow and are supposedly going to pay $500 for 3 years. Does that sound right?

Who did you borrow this money from?

Also, don't worry about what other people are paying. They may have surrendered property, so no longer actually have a $300K asset. Your payment is based on your particular situation.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

oOPS, sorry, we borrowed from my DH 401 K. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by secondtime2 View Post
        oOPS, sorry, we borrowed from my DH 401 K. Thanks.
        Okay, this gets more interesting. Did you get take a loan (with an actual monthly payback amount) or did you take a distribution?

In a Chapter 13, you may be allowed to treat that payback as an expense and pay it back during the Chapter 13. However, some Districts won't allow both a contribution and a loan repayment. Some Districts even frown on contribution during your Plan, but this is definitely allowed by the Bankruptcy Code.

So, what did you lawyer think about what you did?
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I got a loan to pay back which I believe is about $35 a month. The paralegal in his office said it was okay since we're doing a chapter 13 but would of frowned if it was a ch 7.

Comment

Originally posted by secondtime2 View Post
            I got a loan to pay back which I believe is about $35 a month. The paralegal in his office said it was okay since we're doing a chapter 13 but would of frowned if it was a ch 7.
            They wouldn't have frowned no it in a Chapter 7... it's just that you couldn't use the loan repayment amount as an expense in a Chapter 7.

So what's the problem? Did your Paralegal and I answer your question?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X