Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving

Hello all...

One question I haven't seen addressed...

Let's say you file a ch 13 plan, and sometime in the process you move out of the district the plan is in to another jurisdiction due to job change, parental or child needs or life in general?

What then? Do you refile in the new court or do things continue uninterupted from a legal perspective once it's set in motion?

Thanks so much!

i doubt anything changes........they cannot dictate where you live.....but i am assuming you are bound by the original plan
    Filed 7/14/11....341 date is 8/23/11

Comment

Originally posted by wanuvas View Post
      Let's say you file a ch 13 plan, and sometime in the process you move out of the district the plan is in to another jurisdiction due to job change, parental or child needs or life in general? What then? Do you refile in the new court or do things continue uninterupted from a legal perspective once it's set in motion?
      Moving during an active 13 happens. As long as the move does not adversely affect making your plan payments on time and your income and expenses are generally the same, nothing will change.

Just be sure to notify your lawyer and ensure he/she notifies the court, your 13 trustee, and your creditors of your new address. You'll see the notification of a changed address on PACER.

If you have to sell your home or other secured assets when you move, your trustee will have to give permission ahead of time for you to do that. This is why getting solid legal advice from your own attorney is key here. Set up an appointment to meet face-to-face if you can't get contact any other way first.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget