Timing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing???

What has been the typical experience between the filing, 341 meeting, meeting with trustee, and confirmation...I have seen all kinds of varying timeframes. I am filing in the Eastern District of Michigan.

Thanks
    Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

I filed on August 3, 2005. 341 was Sept 19th, 2005. And confirmation was Nov 3, 2005. (exactly 3 months after filing) I had objections also which were all resolved prior to confirmation.

Comment

Filed on 10/01/08 in Indiana.
      341 on 10/28/09
      Confirmed on 12/18/09

Overall a pretty swift and painless process.

Comment

Florida's average Chapter 13 confirmation is 5 months from the filing date. (It can take longer if there are objections and other things, but they still like to take care of all objections within that period too). They do this on purpose, as they don't like the new BAPCPA rules on "scheduling" the Confirmation within 45 days of the 341 Meeting.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

In the Eastern District of MI. File 9/14, 341 was 10/27, confirmation hearing will be 12/14 but my attorney is almost certain I will be confirmed before then.
          Filed 9/14/09
          Confirmed 12/11/09

Comment

Originally posted by isabella View Post
            In the Eastern District of MI. File 9/14, 341 was 10/27, confirmation hearing will be 12/14 but my attorney is almost certain I will be confirmed before then.
            any surprises during the process, did the trustee change your plan at all? Were you in Detroit or Flint?

Comment

I am in Detroit. No objections or changes as of today :-)
              Filed 9/14/09
              Confirmed 12/11/09

Comment

can you PM me with an attorney recommendation? If of course you think it is a good recommendation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X