Lien Stripping Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lien Stripping Challenges

Has anyone been challenged by your 2nd or 3rd on a lien strip. If so, what was the result? I owe 295,000 on my first it appraised at 285,000 and I have a second for 69k and a 3rd for 55k. What is the success rate if this is litigated?

Originally posted by cc8225 View Post
    Has anyone been challenged by your 2nd or 3rd on a lien strip. If so, what was the result? I owe 295,000 on my first it appraised at 285,000 and I have a second for 69k and a 3rd for 55k. What is the success rate if this is litigated?
    My 3rd initially objected, but right before the hearing agreed to the strip. My 2nd never responded nor showed up at the hearing so it was automtically stripped. My 3rd contested it was in 2nd position, but was not according to the county records. I think after seeing that and the appraised value was 20K under what was owed ont he 1st, they decided not to fight it.
    March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
    Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

My lien strip was done without a hearing. Usually, if you do have a junior mortgagor respond that they object... they usually withdraw their objection before or at the hearing. It really is a waste of time, so I don't know why they do that... perhaps uninformed!

My 2nd didn't even object, and I did my by what's known as negative noticing!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, hopefully I will have no objections but im concerned because im only 10,000 under the first in value.

Comment

my attorney told me he hasn't lost one yet...of course, I didn't ask him how many he has done
          Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X