Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have to go to the confirmation meeting

Hi All,

My parents have there 341 meeting at the Trustee office, is that normal? I was a chapter 7 and went to the court house.

Also, the second meeting - I believe is the confirmation of plan meeting? Do they have to attend that or just the attorney?

Thanks

Deja Vu? This was answered before.

https://www.bkforum.com/node/48787

As for do you need to attend the confirmation hearing, this depends on the District. You would need to consult with your attorney. In most Districts, the Debtor that is represented by an attorney, needs not attend anything but the 341 Meeting of Creditors.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Deja Vu? This was answered before.

https://www.bkforum.com/node/48787

As for do you need to attend the confirmation hearing, this depends on the District. You would need to consult with your attorney. In most Districts, the Debtor that is represented by an attorney, needs not attend anything but the 341 Meeting of Creditors.

DAHHH!! I just realized that I asked that question already...lol..Sorry!
      But thanks for answering it again..Don't know weather I am coming or going. I got my own chapter 7 still open and issues with that and now they are filing a 13. And being eldery, all the stuff is being left up to me. Sorry again.

Also, is it held like a 341? Meaning same questions and usually only lasting 5 minutes? Its getting close and my parents are literally a nervous wreck. I am really worried that they may colaspe while they are there. My mom says shes not talking....What do they ask you at a chapter 13? They are way under the median. They are 2 people making about 27K per year with SS and pension. and have about 50K in charges probably steming back from 15 years ago..I keep telling them it should be cut and dry. They have no savings at all. They do own a house but the attorney was able to use the deduction for it. House is only worth about 55K and he was able to use 45K in deduction. They are an asset case cause of the house. Co-op. Any help as far as what questions and any other information anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jessegirl

Comment

Originally posted by jessegirl View Post
        Also, is it held like a 341? Meaning same questions and usually only lasting 5 minutes?
        No questions. really, the only thing that happens is that the Judge asks the Trustee if it's okay to confirm. The Trustee either says yes or no. That's pretty much it, unless there are objections that need to be cleared prior to the Order Confirming Chapter 13 plan is entered.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

No questions. really, the only thing that happens is that the Judge asks the Trustee if it's okay to confirm. The Trustee either says yes or no. That's pretty much it, unless there are objections that need to be cleared prior to the Order Confirming Chapter 13 plan is entered.
          So the 341 for a chapter 13 is not like the questions that they ask at the 341 for a chapter 7? Sorry for asking, but I am trying to coach my parents and let them know what kind of questions the UST will ask at the 341. Any help on what type of questions would be appreciated?

Comment

So the 341 for a chapter 13 is not like the questions that they ask at the 341 for a chapter 7?
            Okay, I thought you were asking about the Confirmation hearing.

At the 341 Meeting, the questions are exactly the same.

Sorry for asking, but I am trying to coach my parents and let them know what kind of questions the UST will ask at the 341. Any help on what type of questions would be appreciated?
            Look at my thread here.

https://www.bkforum.com/node/40121

Comment

Okay, I thought you were asking about the Confirmation hearing.

At the 341 Meeting, the questions are exactly the same.

Look at my thread here.

https://www.bkforum.com/node/40121
              PERFECT!!!! Exactly what I was looking for. Thansk so much!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X