We're Done...I Think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're Done...I Think!

A few months back our trustee sent us a letter intending to dismiss, as we had fallen behind on plan payments. We were able to meet with our attorney and file the appropriate paperwork and catch up on payments. Our last payment was to be mailed on 12/23/09. Following a conciliation conference between our atty and the trustee, we received a letter stating that all funds were due by 12/03/09. Tomorrow I am mailing our final payment. I am so excited and scared all at once...so afraid that they will come back and want us to keep making payments or something. I know in our state and district not to expect discarge for close to a year. I should be so ridiculously happy but for some reason I'm terrified...terrified the payment won't get there by the 3rd, terrified that they will come back and say "Wait, you have to keep mailing payments." I wish this nervousness would go away. I just emailed my atty to let him know I am mailing it in the morning and find out what we need to do once the last payment is made. It has been a very long 60 mos. Being that this payment was supposed to be paid by 12/29 and they were asking for $1800 a full 3 1/2 weeks earlier I had to take an advance in my pay from my employer just to pull this off. I literally had to beg and borrow just to get this done in time. That's what terrifies me....atty told me previously when the plan base was met we were done. But he's been wrong before. I feel like this should be such a happy time and for some reason it is comepletely stressful for me. I am hoping that he emails me back soon and gives me some peace of mind. Can anyone offer me any advice or peace of mind in the interim?

Well, if this is the last month anyway, and your plan base has been paid (or will be 100% paid on your next payment)... then you are technically done!

Here's a pre-congratulations for sticking in there for 5 years!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations....and don't worry so much. Sounds like your trustee has been invovled with your attorney so your done.

If your worried about your payment, you can always send it with the return receipt so you will know it got there on time.

As my plan came to a close about 16 months early, I feel and understand your nerves. I keep thinking I'll wake up suddenly and realize it is just a dream.
      Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
      Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
      Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X