Surrendering Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surrendering Vehicles

I just purchased a used Expedition in preparation for my 13. I am going to surrender my old car to the credit union once my attorney files in mid to late Dec. Has anyone ran into problems surrendering a vehicle?

Originally posted by cc8225 View Post
    I just purchased a used Expedition in preparation for my 13. I am going to surrender my old car to the credit union once my attorney files in mid to late Dec. Has anyone ran into problems surrendering a vehicle?
    Some car lenders take their own sweet time picking up surrendered vehicles. Others take them back right away. A magic 8-ball will have as much luck as we will predicting what's going to happen with yours. Hopefully your lender will be one that picks up the vehicle quickly.

If you continue to drive the vehicle after you file and/or stop making payments, be sure to keep it insured and licensed so if there's a problem while you are still the legal owner, your insurance can cover it.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks LPRN, I will keep everyone posted.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X