X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Filed !

Finally got our case number - we were filed on Nov. 24

Plan as follows:

2 rental homes surrendered (this really hurt - was a big part of our retirement plan)
    1 RV surrendered (thinking we may buy a small tent in the future as a fix for our camping withdrawals)
    Lien strip of 2nd mortgage (81k HELOC) on primary residence
    roughly 82k in unsecured Credit Cards etc.

Business (sole proprietor) left untouched and will continue to operate. Tools of the trade exemptions doubled as we are a husband/wife partnership and therefore everything is exempt. This is my primary income.

Wife fulltime employed but battling numerous medical issues (currently on a medical leave from her job but expected to be able to go back to work in January).

Over the means test considerably because the formula uses gross business sales (~140k) instead of actual taxable income (~$35k).

DMI neg $1034/month (how did we make it this far?)

0 percent to unsecureds.

Plan payments of $271 + $1585 1st mortgage (total $1856) for 60 months.

I think the trustee likes including the house payment as she gets 10% of plan payments for her fee ($11,136 total over life of the plan)

Attorney's fees $6073 ($1000 retainer and $5073 paid through the plan)

I, like almost everyone who I've come to know here, never thought we would be in this situation but here we are - looking forward to getting on with life.

Thanks again to eveyone for the input - and thanks in advance for the further advice as I am sure I will be in need of more as our plan progresses

Happy Thanksgiving
    Chapter 13 filed Nov. 24, 2009
    341 meeting Jan. 5, 2010 continued to Jan. 29 Plan confirmed June 3 2010
    Payments are $1981/month now ($6000 non exempt assetts)
    (House payment included in plan)

Feels good to have a manageable and planned future ahead of you, doesn't it? Not to mention, relief!

Good Luck
    beginning of debt cycle 1984
    filed oct 29, 2009
    341 nov 25, 2009
    April 8, 2010: CONFIRMATION

Comment

Congrats on the frest start!

Comment

Originally posted by Houseofcards View Post
        I, like almost everyone who I've come to know here, never thought we would be in this situation but here we are - looking forward to getting on with life.
        You are so right about many of us never believing we would ever find ourselves sailing on the Good Ship Bankruptcy! But here we all are nevertheless.

We found great solace after we first filed realizing that we had a lot of company - hopefully you will as well.

Thanks again to eveyone for the input - and thanks in advance for the further advice as I am sure I will be in need of more as our plan progresses
        You are most welcome! Glad you found us and happy to have you here with us! Ask questions any time and share your own experiences too - that's why we're here...to learn from each other and support each other through the good times and the bad.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget