I Think I've Finally Been Confirmed After One Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Think I've Finally Been Confirmed After One Year

I just looked at PACER and it appears that after ONE YEAR, I have been confirmed. I am confused on a few things. I have been paying $238 a month since I filed in November 2008. What I am reading on PACER says my payments of $238 are for months 1-8. Payments of $296 are for months 9 -60. Does that mean the trustee is going to ask me for the $58 difference starting with month 9 until now? Also, it states "the proposed plan duration is for 60 months. The applicable committed period is for 36 months. " Does anyone know what that means?

Originally posted by MJJ57 View Post
    I just looked at PACER and it appears that after ONE YEAR, I have been confirmed.
    Congratulations on your confirmation!! Ours took 15 months, so I can appreciate how much finally being confirmed really means. Now you can relax!

I am confused on a few things. I have been paying $238 a month since I filed in November 2008. What I am reading on PACER says my payments of $238 are for months 1-8. Payments of $296 are for months 9 -60. Does that mean the trustee is going to ask me for the $58 difference starting with month 9 until now?
    The trustee expects you to pay $296 a month for the remainder of your plan starting with the next payment. The difference you didn't pay for the first year typically has already been rolled into the higher payment. Confirm this with your lawyer to make sure.

Also, it states "the proposed plan duration is for 60 months. The applicable committed period is for 36 months. " Does anyone know what that means?
    The first sentence proposes that your amended plan will be for 60 months. However, I haven't seen this particular language "applicable committed period" before. I'm no legal beagle, so take this with a huge chunk of salt - I'm wondering if it means that after 36 months, your plan will get another look?

Your lawyer should be able to explain what this means. Call or email him/her on Monday.
    Last edited by lrprn; 11-28-2009, 10:02 PM.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Does it typically take that long to get everything finalized? What is life like during that time? What happens in income goes up or down during that time?
      Filed Chapter 13 on 3-31-10. 341 completed 5/20/10
      $2900+ a month 0% payback to unsecured creditors
      Discharged 6/30/2015

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
        Congratulations on your confirmation!! Ours took 15 months, so I can appreciate how much finally being confirmed really means. Now you can relax!

I was surprised mine took this long as I had no objections, no property, nothing. Thank you for the advice. I think I will call my attorney on Monday. He might not even know who I am. I've only spoken to him 1 time since I filed over a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frustrated51 View Post
          Does it typically take that long to get everything finalized? What is life like during that time? What happens in income goes up or down during that time?
          I am assuming that each state and trustee is different as far as how long it takes. I had no objections, no property, nothing....so I was surprised it took this long. My life has been no different since I filed. I was living on a shoestring before and I am still living that way. In fact I was surprised mine was confirmed as my income was so low it was iffy if I could afford the payments. I had to keep my personal expenses at the bare minimum to qualify. I knew with budget cuts at work, there was no chance for a pay increase so I didn't have to worry about income going up.

Comment

You should discuss this with your attorney. I believe the trustee is saying your proposed plan is 60 months, while you qualify for a 36 month period. No need in staying in the chapter 13 party longer than you have to!!
            Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
            Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
            Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X