Finally filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally filed

Located in PA Middle District. Have about $85k in unsecured debt. Current on mortgage, have 0 equity. Above median by about $4k. Stopped paying in March '09, no judgements.

I'm hoping my plan gets approved, as I'm currently set up for $150/month for 3 years, which will be possible barring any unforeseen problems. Made one payment so far.

Planning on a ride through for the mortgage.

My 341 is scheduled for Jan 11 in a Hotel? Should be less stressful then a court.

I want to give thanks to everyone on this forum for finally making me see the light. I wish I found this place sooner before I burned through my entire 401(k), $35,000, to just make minimum payments and buy necessities.
    Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
    341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
    $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

The hotel in Wilkes Barre, right? Our process was pretty painless with the middle district. We were just confirmed and our biggest challenge is going to be replacing my unemployment income to keep up with the payments and living expenses. There are just no jobs out there.

Good luck!
    over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
    Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

Yup, in Wilkes Barre. Did it seem a bit less scary considering it wasn't in a courthouse? And you're not kidding about the jobs, I've been actively looking for the past 4 months. I can't stand the 150 mile commute anymore, although that did help A LOT with my DMI.
      Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
      341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
      $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Comment

It was less intimidating...don't have to go through security, leave your cell phone outside, etc. I just put mine on vibrate. Make sure you bring a few singles with you to feed the parking machine at the hotel. They do everyone in groups so you'll get to hear the questions they ask of each debtor/attorney. It wasn't terrible.
        over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
        Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

While many 341 meeting occur inside a court "house"... they cannot be held in a court "room". Also, no BK Judge may be present at the 341 Meeting. It can't have the appearance of a court proceeding. It's just a "meeting."
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X