Vehicle Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Payments

What monthly car loan payments were you allowed in your CH 13? Fuel? Insurance? Objection to high payments? Where are you located?
    $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
    Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
    Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

Originally posted by ConfusedinOC View Post
    What monthly car loan payments were you allowed in your CH 13?
    Whether a specific car payment is ok or not depends on the average in your community and so varies from trustee to trustee. Your lawyer can tell you what car payment amount is going to be ok and what's not in your local court.

Fuel? Insurance?
    These are established on the Means Test as a part of the Local Expense Standards for transportation costs. To see what's allowed in your area of the country, click http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa...anstesting.htm and then at the bottom of the page in the Local Transportation Expense Standards, select your area of the country. On the next page, scroll down to see the Operating and Ownership costs for one or two cars.

Objection to high payments?
    Very driven by local court customs. Again, your lawyer can tell you if you are going to have problems in this area.

Where are you located?
    If what you meant was "where you are located" , then yes, the answers to the questions you asked do depend on which state you live in, what the determined local transportation standards are in your area of the country, and in some cases, also what the normal amounts typically spent for each are in your local area.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I had 3 yrs left on my car payments and they spread it out to 5yrs... Kinda dissapointing because by then my car will be 10 yrs old by then . I really dont put alot of miles on it and its mostly done on the weekends...I have my fingers crossed that nothing major happans to it because I have NO money to get it fixed ...
      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
      Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

lrprn:
        Thanks for the reply. I understand the whole geographic and trustee aspect but I'm just wondering what people are paying.
        $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
        Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
        Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X