Stay relief fee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay relief fee?

Got a motion for relief of stay reguarding a motorcycle I am surrendering. States that there is a fee of $150. Doesn't state if it comes from my payment plan, out of my pocket or if it is being paid by HSBC. Lawyer is unavailable until Thursday.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

This is a fee, plus any attorney fees, that they can add to the balance on your motorcycle. Then the claim will be treated as an unsecured claim. Based on your distribution to your unsecured creditors, pro rata, they can recover some or all of this, plus the balance on your loan (less any amounts received at auction).

It is absolutely nothing for you to worry about. It is not going to increase your plan payments.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks Justbroke. I have a boat that is going the same route. Haven't heard anything on it yet. Bad thing is it was almost paid off. If they get more from the auction than what I owe, I am assuming the bank will keep the extra money. It is worth about $6k and I owed about $1k on it.
      Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X