New debt...can I add it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New debt...can I add it?

We have been so behind on our cable/phn/internet so I finally just turned it all off. We were behind when we filed ch13 over 6 months ago. We have yet to be confirmed. Can I add this debt?

No, you can not add debt incurred since you filed.
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Either save up and pay it off or go to a different company. My sis and bro in law had their Comcast shut off so they just went with DirecTV.

Comment

Ok, so since I can't add it, if it does go to collections will that look even worse on my credit? I can't afford to pay it in full.

Comment

Are you really worried about your credit while in a 13?
          But yes, it will look worse that you have defaulted on new things after you filed. It says that you defaulted on your obligations, filed BK, then defaulted on your new obligations right after that.
          Filed CH13 - 06/2009
          Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Debt incurred after you file Chapter 13 is your responsibility. What did your attorney advise you when you filed as to any amount at that time with which you were behind as to the sevice? It seems you were struggling with the bill then but kept the service anyway and still cannot afford it. Check with your attorney.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by sassiebaz View Post
              We have been so behind on our cable/phn/internet so I finally just turned it all off. We were behind when we filed ch13 over 6 months ago. We have yet to be confirmed. Can I add this debt?
              The portion that you owed at the time of filing is a pre-petition debt, and can be added to your pool of unsecured creditors to be paid through the plan (whatever percentage your paying back to that group). That would still leave the post-petition debt for you to pay.

Comment

Sassi..just wanted to say I hope things work out. Its always nice to see a fellow Arizonian...

we are also still waiting for confirmation...have heard nothing. BUT....I read on the news that AZ Bk's are up 77% over last year and we lead the nation....so...our Trustee's must be very busy...

Filed July 09
                Confirmation - June 2010
                Final Payment - June 2014 - 7/2/14 DISCHARGED

Comment

Im not sure if we got completely caught up at all in the past 6 months. I really didnt think getting another service was an option due to our credit. Our attorney never asked and we never brought it up. I will of course pay the bill, but clearly it always got paid last due to the importance factor. I am not worrying about our credit right now, just wondered how it would look to have a collections on our file during our bk. (I am allowed to ask questions right?)

Anyhoo, no biggie. Hello Indebt00! Yeah, no confirmation here yet either! Our trustee's secretary told me they are way behind. I dont even worry about it anymore. I guess someday we'll get confirmed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X