Help-Certified Payment Sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help-Certified Payment Sent

Please help as I am new to all of this. I mailed in my first chapter 13 payment via certified mail. I checked usps.com to confirm delivery and the website states a notice was left. Does this mean whomever picks up the mail for the trustee just hasn't signed for it yet? Has anyone ever come across this? I am scared because my payment is due 01/24. If the trustee's office doesn't sign for it, then it looks like I didn't make my payment. I plan on calling my lawyer in the am and the trustees office. I am in Fla Middle District and the payments are mailed to TN.

You may have unwittingly slowed things down by requiring a signature.

I would stick to first class mail. Things tend to show up on 13datacenter several days later than their actual posting date.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I was thinking about not sending my mortgage payment and overnighting another chapter 13 payment via overnight delivery signature not required. Let's see what the lawyer says tomorrow. But, if anyone has comments, please post.

Comment

The certified mail notice is probably sitting in the trustee's p.o. box. I am sure the trustee's office will pick up mail between now and the 26th. In fact, they may have already picked it up but the USPS system hasn't been updated yet. I would be surprised if the trustee's office didn't pick up mail on a daily basis. I think it's too soon to worry. Before you call your attorney, at least be sure to check USPS website again tomorrow morning. For tonight, relax and don't lose any sleep over this.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

You guys and gals sure know how to make us newbies feel at ease. Thank you soooo much.

Comment

I'm a newbie too. Haven't even filed yet. Still putting off making appointments to consult with attorneys. I just have a lot of experience with certified mail from both the sender's and receiver's side.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I know with our trustee, the payment has to be sent to a PO box which means you can't overnight the payment... I just send regular mail.

Comment

Things in bankruptcy move at a glacial pace.

It helps to gear your expectations accordingly.

It's all outside your control anyway.

In my opinion they're really not trying to zap you for being a day late.

Maybe we've been too well-conditioned by the credit cards!
                filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Next time try delivery confirmation instead. It does not require a signature and is also cheaper that certified mail.
                  Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
                  Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
                  Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

chelle....There was a email address on my trustee's website. I emailed them to verify that they received my pmt because I didnt see it as received. (I didnt send it to require a signature).. They were very quick to get back to me stating they had indeed received it... You may want to try that...
                    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

My trustee does not accept signature required deliveries, they say they will be returned to sender. I'm not saying that is the case with you however.

My trustee also doesn't seem too picky about they due date. The first payment must be on time, other payments before confirmation can not be more than 12 days late, and after confirmation no more than 60 days late.
                      You don't want to push those dates, but you also don't have to worry about the mail being a little slow and ruining your case. You may want to ask your attorney if your trustee has a similar policy on the due dates.
                      Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                      Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

We had to mail the first one, sent regular mail. Wage order takes effect next paycheck. Nothing to mail, kinda like that

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X