341 meeting in 1 week- stressed out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting in 1 week- stressed out.

Our 341 meeting is Tuesday the 2nd. I'm stressed out. We filed, but hubby has a business, and I am sure there will be lots of questions. I'll just let him answer those. I'm just worried of the "boogie man" aka: trustee taking me away in shackles, and away from my children. I understand it's totally irrational, since nothing illegal was done.

So what did you do to calm your fears? Is there anything I should or shouldn't do/wear/say etc?

Thanks!

First of all... breathe. The trustee is not going to ask you any questions that you cannot answer. Really. My big surprise was when they asked me if I had any expenses in the last year over $600. I thought they were going to ask me if I had any expenses over $400 in the last 6 months. lol.

I was more surprised that the trustee wasn't even there, but was in a completely different city and the whole thing was held by teleconference. I had gone totally prepared with all the paperwork they had requested, ready to hand it over, and there was no way to squish it through the com ports.

I was also surprised that I was literally the ONLY person who showed up at my 341 NOT in t-shirts and jeans. I dressed business casual.

Go over the very helpful threads about other people's 341's and you will see. It's not that bad, really. Before you answer any question, take a breath and think about what you are about to say in response. Breathe. Stay cool. You'll be ok.

Comment

Nothing anybody will say here will put you at ease. Your 341 will be YOUR 341. Once you are there and you get a feel for how things are going you are still going to be nervous until it is done. After that you'll be nervous about confirmation. All I can say is just let it happen, try to relax and realize that this too shall pass and things will be better on the other side. You haven't done anything illegal, focus on building your future and ultimately everything will be ok.

Comment

Answer the questions you are asked by your trustee truthfully, but don't volunteer any extra information. Wear business casual clothes and leave the valuable jewelry at home. Ask your lawyer what questions to expect. Do a search here in the forums for other members' experiences in their 341 meetings. That's about it Good luck - you'll both do fine.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

As long as you are honest you will be fine. Do you have an attorney? If you do you could ask him/her what issues may arise at the 341 that way you will be prepared. Get there early so you can listen in on the cases before you so you can get an idea of the trustees questions, we did that was we were a lot less scared by the time our case was heard.

Comment

Mine too is the 2nd and i'm shivering over here.......

Comment

my advice is go early. its the same questions over and over again. unless you have a 401k loan or big tax refund from the previous year its a breeze. i unfortunately was not so lucky as the trustee wanted to raise my payment by $650.00 due to the fact that i have 18mos on 401k loan repayment . i go back to court in march. good luck

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X