Chapter 13 and retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 and retirement

I am (now) a single gal and make abut 35k a year. I dont have any savings or retirement. I am 28. Ive been watching and reading Suze Orman and shes keeping me on track with the right thinking. I want to save money for savings and retirement. Well Im 6 months into my chapter 13, is it smart to start a retirement fund now? Can the trustee attack my retirement account? Would it be better to wait until I was finished with my Chapter 13 in 2 and a half more years. I dont think 2 and a half years would really matter. I could start saving on my savings and work on my retirement when Im finished.

Is there a law or something that doesnt allow me to take out a retirement account?
    Chapter 13 Filed: August 17, 2009
    341 Meeting: September 29, 2009

You need to know that your finances are not under your control during your Chapter 13 - your trustee is in charge of your financial house. If you want to save in a retirement acount, contact your attorney and ask.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thank you, that is kinda what I thought. I'll read and work on my savings before a retirement account. I know I probably shouldnt have a savings either, but i'll put a little in each month.
      Chapter 13 Filed: August 17, 2009
      341 Meeting: September 29, 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X