Ch 7 to a Ch 13 back to a Ch 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch 7 to a Ch 13 back to a Ch 7

I filed C7 in June 2009. I neglected to report income from a part time job that I worked at on a very infrequent basis and as a result, this put me over the median but only by $400. I quickly amended my filing to a 13, got approved and started making payments. I could only keep up the payments for a few months and I fell behind. I lost the part time job that pushed me into the 13 so that didn't help.

I contacted my attorney in January to discuss switching back to a 7. We went over the details again and he agreed that it was the best choice. He goes to file the motion and finds out that the TRUSTEE had just filed a motion to convert my 13 to a 7. I figure if the trustee filed the motion, that's a good sign, right?

Thoughts?

Originally posted by KLH547 View Post
    I figure if the trustee filed the motion, that's a good sign, right?
    If your trustee knew about your second job loss, then yes, it's likely good news. Talk things over with your lawyer to make sure converting back to Ch 7 is going to be a smooth ride.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget