Part Time Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part Time Work

My confirmation hearing scheduled for 3/30/10 had been rescheduled because we are lien stripping mortg 2 and 3. If we are successful our 3 yr payback will be 1500 a month. I am going to pick up a part time job to make ends meet. Will the Trustee oppose to this or try to ask for more money?

she will want more money added to the plan.. my little purple bk handbook states that any employment situation should be reported and besides when you do your taxes it will be on that and the trustee wants that every year so let them know your have more income coming in, trustee wants all disposable income. good luck
    Chapter13
    100% unsecured/secured payback
    "WAITING FOR DISCHARGE" DONE!

Comment

It all depends on how vigorously your trustee wants to pursue the extra money. Some will come after it (typically if the part-time job increases your gross income by 10% or more), but some won't. Your lawyer can give you an idea of what to expect in your local court.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I think you will be working an extra job just to pay them more money. Just IMHO.

Comment

Oh yeah. My trustee insisted on adding specific language to the confirmation order template stating that if I become employed, I will redo my budget and expenses and file a new plan within 30 days.

Comment

Thanks, I will check with my lawyer and see what happens.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X