PACER addiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER addiction?

Ok, let me start by saying that I just recently filed, so there is a significant amount of activity with my case...

But I believe that I have a PACER addiction... During the week I log in and check the status of things daily! Sometimes twice a day! (Once in the morning, once in the afternoon)

The whole process is extremely facinating to me. Seeing who submitted claims, where certain proceedings stand (lien strip), and just getting updated on where my case is. Much better than waiting for my attorney to get me the same information!

Anyone else have this sickness?

I figure it is part of being a newbie who just filed. Just curious.

I've only been on pacer twice. To be honest it just confuses me. And my goal is to stay under $10 so I don't get a bill. LOL
    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
    341, 05/10/2010
    discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

lol I'm up to $58
      19% dividend

Comment

I stay up on the trustee objections and tell my attorney how I want to respond. I've also caught plan changes, etc. from my attorney that I was not happy about so the $58 so far is worth it.
        19% dividend

Comment

had the same need when we first got into the process. However, if you notice at least for me I would get the same info in the mail a few days later. Don't waste your money being on a budget try once every 2 weeks to view if anything.

Comment

Why don't you just file a request for notice? That way, anything filed on PACER will be automatically emailed to you.
            Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
              Why don't you just file a request for notice? That way, anything filed on PACER will be automatically emailed to you.
              I should do this since my attorney never sends me this stuff, I only get what the trustee and others file.
              19% dividend

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                How does one file a request for notice?
                Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
                  How does one file a request for notice?

Here's a form.
                  Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Have the same; I check multiple times a day; I do it from work, while I'm checking on a case that I'm supposed to be checking on. It is a true addiction I agree. I'm sure later we'll find less desire or need to check so frequently. Hoping anyway. And sure enough, a day or two later I get copies in the mail. I certainly understand the need to check frequently.
                    Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
                    341- April 28, 2010;
                    Confirmed May 25, 2010;
                    $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Watch out! I hear Pacer addiction can bankrupt you!
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LOL! Seriously, it is like .16 cents every day! Still haven't hit my $10 mark yet...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X