I can see the finish line!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see the finish line!!!!!

Long story short, filed our 13 in 10/2005, just under the wire before the law changed (thank god!). We were placed in a 60 mos plan.

About a year ago, I asked the trustee if I could start paying a bit extra each month to try and get done early (again...we are old law, which allowed this after 3 yrs). He told me that was fine.

So........$783 to go....... sending a money order out TODAY!!!!!!!

We are wanting to buy another house. If the folks who want to buy ours get approved, and we get pre-approved we will make an offer on this place. We have an appt tomorrow. So we should all know then.

I emailed the trustees office asking how soon we could get a discharge after the final payment is posted in our situation. This was her response:

"When you're ready to send your last payment (Bank check or M.O.) you can send it to us here at: XXXXX (normally we send to an out of state address - she provided me an in state address to expedite receipt)
    Please contact us first for a current payoff and once the payment is posted we can file a Certificate of Completion with the Bankruptcy Court. They usually issue a discharge within a week. Once all final disbursements have been issued and checks clear we will file the Final Report & Account with the Bankruptcy Court. This notices a hearing for any creditor objections (which rarely ever happens). It's a little like putting the "cart before the horse" but we make an exception when time is of the essence. Otherwise realistically it could be 90 days before all disbursements are issued and then clear."

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    K
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

That is excellent news!! Old law or new law a Chapter 13 is difficult to get through. Pat yourself on the back!
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Just went to the Post Office, got my final money order and so the "check's in the mail!!!!"

Almost did a cartwheel on my way out of the PO, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
        You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

I'm jealous, but CONGRATS!!!!
          CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
          Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

One year in.

48 more excrutiating payments to go.....
            Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

Congratulations, Krielly! Glad you have a nice trustee who will work to get your case closed quickly.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X