top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After filed and 341 and received 2 bills..why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After filed and 341 and received 2 bills..why?

Maybe someone can shed some light or tell me what to do about this.

We filed 1/22/10 for Chapter 13. We have made 3 payments. Had our 341 on 3/18. Confirmation set for 5/5.

1. I received call from one cc back in February. Told them about filing and gave attorney and docket #. This same cc sent a bill this past Saturday. They added late fees, over limit fees and interest to balance. They knew we filed and have all info. Why the HECK have I received this? They have not claimed yet. But, they were part of the filing on 1/22. They can't go and place a claim for what they have sent me, can they? Don't they have to stop accruing interest and all the fees at the time of filing, right? What if they do claim for what I received this past Saturday? What if they never claim?

2. Received a FINAL notice for a medical bill this past Saturday also. They too were part of the filing. They know about it. Said they will send to collections and affect my credit. Not worried about my credit, at this point....it is TRASHED. What does this mean? They send to collections, after I have already let them know about the filing?
    Chapter 13 filed: 1/22/10341 Meeting: 3/18/10
    Confirmation Hearing 6/23/10...CONFIRMED27 down 33 to go

You should let your attorney know about these. Usually the attorney will send a not-so-nice letter informing them that they are in contempt of court (violation of automatic stay) and that continued collection will result in sanctions.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X