Lesson learned. Rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lissy View Post
    No, not difficult to find, but impossible to get in and out in a reasonable amount of time. I avoid WalMart like the plague and the post office isn't much better. My bank is right across the street from my office, so for me, that's much easier.

I hate WalMart, but the money orders are only 60 cents vs $1.20 at the post office. I know I know, it's only 60 cents difference. But they are practically across the street from each other, so whatever. The thing I really hate worse is waiting for it to be posted so I'm not freaking out that the damn thing got lost in the mail, because recourse could take weeks, and I wouldn't get the full amount of the money order back either.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      I love your Trustee! Ours complains that they get too many bounced checks.
      yeah...well... I hope I love him as much after our 341 LOL

Comment

the good thing about the post office is that you can pay via your debit card....

Comment

Follow up.

I mailed a money order on Monday 4/10 to replace the check they wouldn't accept last week, and guess what? Surprise surprise. It hasn't posted yet. This is sooooo aggravating.

Comment

Did you send it certified with a return receipt? I learned to do that when we were sending money orders to buy back our non-exempt stuff from the BK estate. It was comforting to have that signed green card in our BK file.
            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 04-16-2010, 07:23 PM.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

It took a little while for my first payment to post also.. You didn't mention cashier's checks in your original post. My trustee will accept any certified funds, I.E. money orders or cashier's checks issued by the bank that I personally send in.
              Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
              Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
              60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

This wasn't my first payment. It was my 5th. And I have noticed that it takes one day longer to post every time I mail one. The first payment posted in one day.... this time it took 5 days. So I guess by the end of my 5 years, I might be two months behind, at this rate.

I didn't mention cashier's checks because I am not about to drive 50 miles one way to the nearest branch of my bank to get one. Our "local" banks have changed hands and changed names so often, it's hard to tell who's who any more, and some of them actually seem to be owned by overseas investors and have names you can't even pronounce, so I don't want to open a local account.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X