top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I increase my retirement before I file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I increase my retirement before I file?

I plan on filing in 6 months and was wondering if I can increase my retirement now? I understand that retirement cannot be touched in a ch. 13. If I increase it, this would decrease my net take home pay. Would this help me at all? Thanks.

We did this on the advice of our attorney and it helped us out. I don't remember at what point in the process I lowered my amounts back down, but it wasn't long after the 341.

Comment

Please keep in mind, some trustees look at this much closer than others and the amount or percentage you increase does matter.

Our trustee specifically asked how long we had been contributing at our current level.

Make sure you ask your attorney about this, as it might differ in your district.

Comment

Originally posted by mynameainttracy View Post
        We did this on the advice of our attorney and it helped us out. I don't remember at what point in the process I lowered my amounts back down, but it wasn't long after the 341.
        Did you increase the amount before filing and then lower it down after the 341? If so, did the trustee make you lower the amount of retirement? Thanks.

Comment

Remember paystubs show all if requested (we had to submit one year's worth). Before you do anything, check with an attorney in your district/state as there is much variation.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X