341 Status Sheet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Status Sheet?

Ok, so had 341 meeting today and it went great!

One thing that I was not aware of (and I have literally read every CH13 post on here since our initial thoughts of BK in November! ) was that our attorney received something called a "341 Status Sheet" a few days prior to our 341.

I wasn't sure if I missed those discussions (did look in the 341 discussion area as well) or whether this was a district specific thing, or a CH13 specific thing. We are in SE Michigan.

This list was incredibly helpful thing for the trustee to provide! It had a line by line summary of all the items that our trustee had questions about. We received that from our attorney on Wednesday, made sure we had solid answers for each item, and basically had a cheat sheet for all the items the trustee asked.

I noticed most of the other CH13 folks had a similar sheet.

Is this common for all districts?

It's not common for all Districts. I'll tell you something. There are some Trustees that are very organized and everything flows nice. I like the concept of the pre-341 Meeting Status Sheet. I didn't have one at my meeting, and there were a couple of questions (although the Trustee never objected to confirmation).

It would surely simplify things and make the 341 Meeting run much smoother, especially if you need to bring documentation to clarify something. My Trustee, however, did give me about 6 sheets (that were multipart forms) that I had to sign and they gave me the "goldenrod" copy. Various things reminding the debtor of various rules and such.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I was really impressed, and it helped my wife a ton.

I may be able to remember all the numbers, but she does not. Things like mileage on cars, outstanding loan balances, monthly payment amounts, dates that we paid certain things, etc...

Add that to the fact you are in unfamiliar territory and already nervous about even being at the 341 meeting, and without this sheet it would have taken more time, been much less productive, and would be much more nerve racking.

Ultimately the trustee got answers to their questions without any delay. Sort of how the system should work.

Comment

Originally posted by NoTomatoCan View Post
        I was really impressed, and it helped my wife a ton.

I may be able to remember all the numbers, but she does not. Things like mileage on cars, outstanding loan balances, monthly payment amounts, dates that we paid certain things, etc...

Add that to the fact you are in unfamiliar territory and already nervous about even being at the 341 meeting, and without this sheet it would have taken more time, been much less productive, and would be much more nerve racking.

Ultimately the trustee got answers to their questions without any delay. Sort of how the system should work.
        This must be something that the SE MI district started after we filed (2006) They surely didn't do it then, or at least our attorney didn't provide us with one. Perhaps it's something they came up with to try and speed things along. Sounds like it works well.
        Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
        I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Can you share some of the things on the questionnaire sheet with us?
          Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
          341- April 28, 2010;
          Confirmed May 25, 2010;
          $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Our trustee spent the whole time screaming and yelling. He really is a monster - he created this horrible, tense atmosphere from the get go. Women (including myself) were crying silently because he just made a shitty situation a hundred times worse for all of us. I never expected to be confirmed by him, and I am shocked that we were. Anyone who has a decent, professional trustee, count your blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanzee View Post
              Our trustee spent the whole time screaming and yelling. He really is a monster - he created this horrible, tense atmosphere from the get go. Women (including myself) were crying silently because he just made a shitty situation a hundred times worse for all of us. I never expected to be confirmed by him, and I am shocked that we were. Anyone who has a decent, professional trustee, count your blessings.
              O.M.G. That is horrible! I'm so sorry you had to go thru that!
              Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
              0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by Nanzee View Post
                I hope like hell our 341 is not like that. If so, I'll be squalling, but I doubt it will be silently!
                I flip back and forth from being positive and we can do this thing to being really depressed and hating all of it. Five years seems like such a long committment to be forking over more than half of your check.
                Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
                341- April 28, 2010;
                Confirmed May 25, 2010;
                $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

I haven't come across anyone here who had my experience Universal, so I wouldn't worry about it. I just got the luck of the draw. The main thing is I am confirmed and hopefully will never have to see that s.o.b. again. Glad I had a good attorney who got us through this mess. I think it helped alot that our attorney used to be a trustee himself, and I suppose he knows exactly what the trustee is looking for. So now on we are just getting on with it. Don't worry about your 341 - I am sure it will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Universal View Post
                    Can you share some of the things on the questionnaire sheet with us?
                    The top half of the sheet was details of our case... Name, case number, attorney name, and a checklist of administrative items like "Is Automatic Stay in Effect" "Are unsecured creditors provided for in plan" "Contains Collateral for each Class 5 claim" "Are all direct pays accounte for on Schedule I or J or by third party payor".

In the middle is a list of any "Payments NOT made through Trustee"

Starting underneath that is the "Comments" section. This is where the Trustee lists line by line questions. Unfortunately there were so many comments that we poured over onto almost another full page!

The comments were very specific, and even pointed us to where we could find the information in question... for example:

SCH I: How long have you been contributing to 401k at that rate?
                    SCH I: Rental Income - Please verify amounts
                    SCH J: Transportation Expense High. Explain.
                    MT (Means Test) line 47: Need verification of Monthly Payment
                    Petition Part 3: Missing Information

These are just a few of the many items. Some were ones where the trustee wanted additional information, some were corrections that need to be made, and others were potential future objections.

This was SO helpful!

While our Trustee (technically staff attorney for the trustee) was fair, she was definitely very firm. All business. But you could tell that they were there to help the process move along, not to be rude, yell, or belittle anyone. There was a case before ours where she asked about some supplemental income that the guy made during the summer. I thought "uh oh... he's going to lose that!" But instead she politely said "well, that extra income will definitely help you be successful in your plan."

Very encouraging, even though we have plenty of work to do between now and our confirmation!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X