Ok now what happens??? Changes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok now what happens??? Changes???

Need some advice, we have signed the pwk for our 13 & it's being reviewed by the Atty; I called because I am worried that on the forms he used my gross not my net income so when he was saying we had extra disposable income left over, I was like where is that? He wanted me to start putting in $300 now into my TSP (I am currently repaying a loan and not contributing while I am doing that) so I don't know what is going on with that unless he used the gross not net figures which will mess everything up.
    also, what happens if....he is using a 5 person household, we are having some issues with the teen that is living and staying here & she has left in a huff, DH is pushing that she may have to come back here because our pwk says she lives here...basically that would be a diff of 5 people vs 4 for food, & we didnt' even claim her on taxes!
    ALso, we have changed our mind on the timeshare, we thought we'd be able to keep that & continue to pay it but now are thinking we just aren't going to be able to do it so we want to either sell it back, or let it be surrendered, can we still do that?
    This whole thing is so stressful & I want off this rollercoaster!

Originally posted by julsmom View Post
    Need some advice, we have signed the pwk for our 13 & it's being reviewed by the Atty; I called because I am worried that on the forms he used my gross not my net income so when he was saying we had extra disposable income left over, I was like where is that? He wanted me to start putting in $300 now into my TSP (I am currently repaying a loan and not contributing while I am doing that) so I don't know what is going on with that unless he used the gross not net figures which will mess everything up.
    also, what happens if....he is using a 5 person household, we are having some issues with the teen that is living and staying here & she has left in a huff, DH is pushing that she may have to come back here because our pwk says she lives here...basically that would be a diff of 5 people vs 4 for food, & we didnt' even claim her on taxes!
    ALso, we have changed our mind on the timeshare, we thought we'd be able to keep that & continue to pay it but now are thinking we just aren't going to be able to do it so we want to either sell it back, or let it be surrendered, can we still do that?
    This whole thing is so stressful & I want off this rollercoaster!
    Your attorney is supposed to use your gross income, not your net. From the gross he subtracts your taxes that are withheld, medical withheld, etc.

Since you have so many issues that need to be cleared up you really should make another appointment with the attorney face to face before filing. Don't file the paperwork the way it is now (with your timeshare issue and the other child issue). Get it all straightened out now, much less headaches if you do it before filing.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Since you haven't filed yet, you can still easily change anything that you need to. Just call the attny and let him know that you need to make changes and not to file it until you're ready...
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by julsmom View Post
        He wanted me to start putting in $300 now into my TSP (I am currently repaying a loan and not contributing while I am doing that) so I don't know what is going on with that unless he used the gross not net figures which will mess everything up.
        It may be that your trustee will allow deductions for both the loan payment and a contribution. Your attorney wants you to make the contribution to decrease your plan payment and how much goes to unsecured creditors.

we have signed the pwk for our 13 & it's being reviewed by the Atty
        Do you mean that you signed the petition before it was reviewed by the attorney? That seems like an odd order of things.

Before you signed your petition you should have reviewed it closely, confirmed the numbers are correct and that you understood everything. Since it sounds like you didn't do that, call your attorney right away and telll him not to file it until you've had a chance to review it more closely. Do not allow it to be filed until you know everything is correct. If something doesn't make sense and your attorney says it's correct, make sure he explains it until you understand why it is correct. You know your situation better than anyone else and are in the best position to catch errors.

As newbie said, you need to get everything straight BEFORE the petition is filed.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X