Filed Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed Today

It's done! My payment will be a little less than my 2nd mortgage payment (I'm stripping the 2nd) and includes the payment on my new car so the trustee can get her fee. Somewhere between 0 and 1/2% will go to unsecured creditors and I have $400 more a month to spend than I did yesterday. My attorney has been working with this trustee for years and knows what will bother her. He says the plan will go through easily.

I will still have to cut my spending since I don't have the credit cards to rely on, but I can do it. 5 years sounds like such a long time! But, I bought my house 5 years ago and it doesn't seem like that long ago.

I'm looking forward to the party I'm going to have in 5 years!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Congrats to you It must feel so much better to finally file. Right now I am making appointments for free consults but I will be relieved once I get the ball rolling and finally file. May I ask how long your process was from start to actually filing??

Unfortunately we filed a ch7 5 years ago so we have to do the ch13 route just not sure how differently the process is. The ch7 was rather simple, the 13 seems more complicated?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Congratulations, and good luck!

Can't wait to hear how your 341 and confirmation go!

Comment

Congrats! Keep us posted as to your progress.
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Congrat's. It is a relief to get it all rolling. At our 341 the Trustee said he would probably recommend confirmation. I see the docket entry simply says Trustee favorable. I will now await confirmation, which I understand is roughly 60 days from the 341.
          Congrat's again. At least after filing I feel a little bit like I was back in control a little bit.
          Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
          341- April 28, 2010;
          Confirmed May 25, 2010;
          $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Thanks everybody. It is a big relief. I just finished calling my credit card companies to give them the case number.

The paralegal said the 341 will probably be in the first or second week of June. I will definitely post about it.

Originally posted by Momof123 View Post
            May I ask how long your process was from start to actually filing??
            It went very quickly. I consulted with the attorney in mid March. I told him I would contact him when I was ready to file. I went in on Wednesday to bring paystubs, bank statements, bills, etc. and pay the retainer. They looked at the numbers and called Thursday to say they wanted me to file in April because of a bonus I received. I went in yesterday afternoon to review and sign the petition. An hour later I received an email with a copy of the notice of filing.

The paralegal said I made it unusually easy for them. I gave them a spreadsheet listing my paychecks and all withholding for the last 8 months and calculating the averages over the last 6 months. I also gave them a spreadsheet listing all of my debts, monthly expenses and assets. I also provided everything on the checklist they gave me, plus print outs showing the values of my vehicles. She said they often have trouble just getting people to provide the most basic documents. I should have asked for a discount in their fee!

Don't expect your attorney to do it so quickly. Ask how long it will take. If you are in a hurry, the more organized you are the better.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X