Creditors Bankruptcy Service (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors Bankruptcy Service (?)

They show up as a creditor on my petition. The amount seems to jive with my Credit Union's line of credit balance, but I tried googling them and not sure. Anyone else heard of this company?

I googled it. It must be http://www.credbankserv.com/services_ebnpm.htm.

Among other things, it looks like a service that creditors subscribe to so they can receive electronic notices of bankruptcy.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Ok thanks - now I just have to figure out which creditor hired them. It must be my credit union line of credit because they are not listed by their name, and I know they placed a claim because they stopped collection activity a while ago.

Comment

You say they are a creditor on your petition. If they are on your petition, you should know why. Do you mean that they've been added to your case as a creditor?
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

No not recently added - do I ask my attorney who they are?

Comment

If they are showing up then they must have contact information provided. Call them and ask them about their claim.
            Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
            I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanzee View Post
              No not recently added - do I ask my attorney who they are?
              If they are on your petition, your attorney should know who they are (as should you since you signed the petition). If they were added to the mailing matrix after your petition was filed, they probably filed a claim on behalf of one of your creditors. The claim should show which creditor. Either way, your attorney should be able to determine why they are listed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X