Car Insurance????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Insurance????

Has anyone filed ch 13 and had their car insurance rates go up because of it? I know they check your credit initially but do they do at each renewal period?

If this has happened to you, can you say which insurance company you were using?

Thx!

No it didn't happen to me. But I only just bought my truck about a week or two before I filed. In fact I just got my renewal documents and it's still the same. Of course, a week or two before I filed, my credit was already in the toilet, so I don't think it could get much worse, but it's still not terribly high.

Comment

This subject has been discussed heavily in here. Briefly, if your state allows insurance credit profiling, expect an increase in your rates with a BK on your credit reports. If your state does not allow the practice and your rates rise and you suspect it is due to your BK, call the DOI in your state and have it investigated.

Your state's DOI can advise you whether or not your state allows the practice or you can find the information on your state web site.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X