top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What info do creditors see when we file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What info do creditors see when we file?

My husband's ex-wife will be considered a creditor since his son got braces and we have to make the monthly payments to her rather than the Orthodontist. Does she get mailed all of our gory details?
    Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
    341 10/7/10
    Confirmed 11/7/10

Creditors are notified of the case filing & the 341 meeting. Anyone however can get a PACER account and view your full petition, including plan and all schedules. (Would need name or case # to search by, which of course she would have.)
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Thanks SMinGA. I am hoping she doesn't have a clue that the info is available on Pacer or even know about Pacer....
      Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
      341 10/7/10
      Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

Well, I don't know...my son was a co-signer on a car that I bought for him and when I filed I surrendered my rights to the car (he was still making payments) and he was notified along with the creditors when I filed and he received the full petition listing all debts, amounts owed and to whom they were owed, court dates etc...everything!
        CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
        Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

Originally posted by tammygirl1 View Post
          My husband's ex-wife will be considered a creditor since his son got braces and we have to make the monthly payments to her rather than the Orthodontist. Does she get mailed all of our gory details?
          No, creditors don't get the full petition. The bankruptcy court sends them the form B9 Notice of Bankruptcy. But as the earlier posts note, all she or anyone else has to do is get on PACER and get the full petition.
          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

BK filings are public information. All she has to do is go to the courthouse where filed and ask to review the filing. Or, as stated, she can easily look it up online via PACER or have someone with PACER access do it for her. It's hard to run and hide if someone knows of the filing and wants to see all the information.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thanks for the information! Who knows if she will go out of her way to look into this..I was just concerned that it would be mailed to her so she could 'conveniently' see it all without any effort.
              Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
              341 10/7/10
              Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X