Travel Overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Overseas

I will be needing to travel to Europe this summer for my job. Will I have to notify the Trustee? Will I be allowed in the foreign countries (England and Portugal) I have tried reseaching the embassy and state department sites and have found nothing.
    Filed 9/14/09
    Confirmed 12/11/09

Originally posted by isabella View Post
    I will be needing to travel to Europe this summer for my job. Will I have to notify the Trustee? Will I be allowed in the foreign countries (England and Portugal) I have tried reseaching the embassy and state department sites and have found nothing.
    why wouldn't u be allowed in the foreign countries?
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

As long as the payments are being made to the Trustee, I see no reason why your travel - be it business or pleasure - should be reported to him/her.

You are not a parolee, and he/she is not your parole officer.

My $0.02 only...
      No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by isabella View Post
        Foreign travel is fine.

You should inform your lawyer and provide a contact number or address with an itinerary in case anything comes up while you are out of country. This way your lawyer can find you right away. Also if you are going to be gone for more than a month, also suggest that you set up a fool-proof plan to ensure your Ch 13 payments continue to be sent on time while you are away.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget