top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to know if you've been confirmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take to know if you've been confirmed?

I did a search on this question and came up empty. I realize this may be district-specific, but a ballpark is all I'm looking for. My confirmation hearing was scheduled for May 10. That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard a word as to whether my plan was confirmed or not. Nothing from my atty and nothing showing up in PACER. I've debated calling my atty, but I'm not sure if this is normal and I'm just being impatient. I'm in Middle District of Florida.
    Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
    341 meeting - 4/2010
    Confirmed! - 6/2010

In Florida, it's about 5 months from the filing of the petition. They specifically wait until 30 days after your last date to file claims (known as the claims bar date). This is so that your plan doesn't need to be "modified" should additional claims come in. I think this is the best system amongst the Bankruptcy Districts.

You probably have at least 90 more days after May 10th.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh, that makes sense. My last date to file claims is July 8. Thanks, now I can stop obsessively logging into PACER!
      Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
      341 meeting - 4/2010
      Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X