Not sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure

I have a car payment, and a motorcycle payment,and i havnt signed the final papers yet. Can i trade my motorcycle in and get another new car. I will contact my lawer, But does anyone know the answer.

Are you single and obtaining a second car? Some Districts will only allow one car per licensed driver in the household. Additionally, those same Districts sometimes restrict the number of cars to 2, in alignment with the IRS guidelines.

What are you really trying to do?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am married, my bike will be paid off in about a year or so but by that time i will be in chapter 13 with $200.00 in my pocket after i pay my bike off now what?Trying not to give the trustee the $200.00.

Comment

So, rather than give the Trustee $200/month, you'd rather encumber yourself with more unnecessary debt? Sometimes trying not to have disposable monthly income, makes getting through a Chapter 13 worse. Take it from someone who was in Chapter 13 and converted to Chapter 7.

If you can get a used car for $200/month -- equivalent to the motorcycle payment -- that could work. If this is a necessary new debt and you need the transportation, I don't see any issues.

Please know that in either case, you won't have $200 in your pocket.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks I know I would not have $200.00 in my pocket just a figure of speach, but I would rather buy my wife a car than give up $200.00 month for 60 months. Thanks again for your answer, Iwill be calling my lawer and let him know.

Comment

Buying your wife a functioning and reliable vehicle is a perfect reason.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X