7004 and 9014 Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7004 and 9014 Service

I originally filed a Chapter 13 twelve days ago. I received a "Notice of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Case, Meeting of Creditors, & Deadlines, and Notice of Hearing on Confirmation of Chapter 13 Plan" from the court.

Later on in this document it says "The debtor has filed a plan. The plan is enclosed. The debtor is responsible for providing appropriate service under Fed.R.Bankr.P. 7004 and 9014, if applicable."

As I previously understood, I would not have to serve any party with anything because the bankruptcy court would do it for me. I confirmed on PACER that the court sent out this notice as well as "the plan" to all of the creditors (some were notified electronically).

Do I have to serve the creditors again myself? If so, what do I serve upon them?
    DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. I AM NOT YOUR LAWYER. I AM TWELVE YEARS OLD AND YOU CANNOT REASONABLY RELY ON ANYTHING POSTED ON AN INTERWEB FORUM. THINK ABOUT IT.

Welcome to the board! It sounds like you filed pro se. You are brave! There is a Pro Se forum you will find helpful. http://www.bkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Have you reviewed the Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure? They are at http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frbp/

The rules mentioned on the notice you received apply to advesary procedings and contested matters. I believe the court gives notice of your filing to all creditors, but I'm not certain. If the court already gave notice, I don't think you need to.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 06-09-2010, 12:02 PM.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Know your rules. Both local and federal. It is my understanding that in some districts the court's notification is sufficient. In my district, it is not, and needs to be served by the petitioner to the matrix, and proof of service attached. For sure, if you are required to serve the matrix and didn't, you will be quickly followed up, either by a deficiency notice or possibly by having your plan stricken. If that happens, you can file it again and do it correctly. But I think if you were going to have a deficiency notice, it would already be in PACER if you filed 12 days ago.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X