Credit Cards offers while on the 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Cards offers while on the 13?

What's the deal. I been on the 13 for couple months now I been getting credit card offers for the last three weeks. I check my P.O. Box every week or so and I have cleared out offers every time. I though they would start bombarding me after discharge now while in the 13.

Not uncommon. The fees and interest are totally outragous and the lines of credit are low. I have had at least ten so far and I am nearly a year into my bk13. Goes to show how much risk banks are still willing to take!

Debit cards drawn on your checking/savings accounts are starting to carry the same clout as credit cards. Mine has not been refused yet. I will never have another bank issue credit card.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

First, you are probably still on old mailing lists; secondly, once you file, your BK is public information and it tosses you into a whole other mailing list sector for those with BK or very bad credit. You will be on those mailing lists for years as your name will be passed around to all sorts of high risk lenders. We are 4 years past our Chapter 13 discharge and we still get BK related credit offers mailings even thought the BK was removed from our credit reports April 2009. When you are discharged, you will receive all sorts of offers in the mail all with high interest rates, hidden fees (they try to get you to show up first before providing information), etc. We even started receiving vacation brochures which we never ever received in the past.

You will find that a BK really never goes away

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Those have been coming in the mail frequently to us too. I shake my head and immediately cut it up. I don't want some jerk going thru the trash, getting the card, and activating it. The jerk who would get it out of the trash and activate it is just like the jerk who sent the card to us in the first place.
        Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
        341- April 28, 2010;
        Confirmed May 25, 2010;
        $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

I started shredding all but the prepaid return envelope and sending the shredded offer back to them.
          03/25/10: filed BK13, 05/05/10: 341 completed,
          06/24/10: confirmed (7% to unsecured)

Comment

Shortly after we filed, we were getting 1 or 2 a day in the mail. Lately they have stopped. We have a debit/visa card with our bank that I use all the time. I just make sure that I track everything that I spend since it comes out of my checking account.
            Debit hits immediately, the credit/visa payment hits a few days later.
            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Amadan View Post
              I started shredding all but the prepaid return envelope and sending the shredded offer back to them.
              Good for you. Currently employed by USPS and the extra revenue that business reply mail generates helps to keep me in good graces with my trustee. Do the same myself.
              Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

I liked the idea of cutting up and mailing back in the prepaid envelope so I have 5 going out in the mail today that came in over the weekend.
                Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
                341- April 28, 2010;
                Confirmed May 25, 2010;
                $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Good idea guys, I might do that myself.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X