top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if actual expenses drastically exceed IRS figures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if actual expenses drastically exceed IRS figures?

No, just show them you have receipts and that it's a necessity.

I would like to convince these bozos that someone in a professional occupation requires more than the IRS allowance for clothing. But I know that'd be tilting at windmills.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Thanks catleg, thats one less worry...

Yes, I would think clothing for a professional job should be handled like my transportation requirements. If i showed up in flip flops and t-shirts would not bode well for me. Ah well, at least I accumulated a decent wardrobe in the last year.

Comment

You can exceed certain IRS expense categories with documentation. It will depend on your particular Chapter 13 Trustee as to whether they will challenge your expenses. Those are certainly off the chart. If you are not providing a dividend to your creditors because you still have a negative DMI, your plan may in fact... still be infeasible!

I know, because I was $250 a month in the negative in my Chapter 13 and I had to finally convert to Chapter 7.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Unfortunately even if these expenses are included in a plan i would still have positive DMI of ~$1000 after secured payments, all other expenses. I'd much prefer to be forced into a 7 - that seems like a good problem to have, no?

Comment

Yes, our transportation expenses were also higher than IRS due to my husbands commute (115 miles per day) and they didn't blink an eye at it. We claimed a $468 car payment, $475 for operating expenses, and $170 a month for insurance (total of $1113/mo)--although this was for 2 cars so that may have made a difference...
            Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
            0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by krautrocket View Post
              I have significantly higher actual expenses than the IRS allowances. For example, my car insurance is $350/mo (yes, shopped around) due to two unfortunate run ins with deer in one year. Also, I have $400/mo in fuel costs due to the fact that I reside 60 miles from place of employment.
              I'm in a similar boat. I have a sales gig which requires hauling people around (in something nicer than a Geo Metro) My gas is $550/month on average with spikes of $800. Thankfully my insurance is low ($150/month for two cars) but oil changes and tires/brakes occur often.

I also have meal and entertainment costs associated with my job for new employees, vendors and contractors that is $500-1000/month on top of having to dress nice. The dress code is easy to prove but the meals is harder. Million dollar deals are rarely done at the local McDonald's.
              ======================
              Considering Chapter 13
              Looking for assistance.
              ======================

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X