top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aw... a card in the mail... how sweet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw... a card in the mail... how sweet...

From Santeria? Or something like that... (oops it accidentally flew into the burn barrel) with my chapter 13 case number on it... and offering me a car loan. Aren't they so thoughtful?

Hey it was my first, I was kind of proud. I guess that means there are more to come?

Yep, you are now on the BK mailing lists - since BK filings are public information, the names and addresses are obtained by anyone who wants them and there are huge mailing lists out there that encompass everything...they can be gleaned from national to local. The problem with this is that you may get BK mail well past the time your BK is off your credit reports. Our BK came off 4/09 and we still get bankruptcy related junk mail. As I've stated on here before, I don't think BK ever really goes away...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

The information is being sold, resold and then sold again. Even if you can make another dime off the names, they will be sold for years to come.

Not much you can do about that, but at least if you get some credit card or auto loan offers, your credit is getting better.

JUST DONT FILL THEM OUT AND GET IN DEBT AGAIN!

I have first hand knowledge of how bad that can be lol...
      [deleted by moderator]

Comment

Originally posted by mibankruptcy View Post
        The information is being sold, resold and then sold again. Even if you can make another dime off the names, they will be sold for years to come.

Not much you can do about that, but at least if you get some credit card or auto loan offers, your credit is getting better.

JUST DONT FILL THEM OUT AND GET IN DEBT AGAIN!

I have first hand knowledge of how bad that can be lol...
        But golly gee whiz - - it was for a "select vehicle". Sounds special, doesn't it?

I'm not getting into debt any time soon. I absolutely dread the thought of having to ask my Trustee for permission for credit.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X