top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is subscribing to PACER necessary if you are confirmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is subscribing to PACER necessary if you are confirmed?

Thanks.

PACER is where you'll see if any further creditor or trustee papers are filed regarding your confirmed plan before you receive something in the mail from the bk court. However, the chances of anything being filed now that you are confirmed are very small.

Otherwise, if you check periodically on your trustee's 13Network or NationalDataCenter website to ensure your payments are received and deposited by your trustee and how the trustee's disbursements are going, you should be fine without PACER now that you are confirmed.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
      PACER is where you'll see if any further creditor or trustee papers are filed regarding your confirmed plan before you receive something in the mail from the bk court. However, the chances of anything being filed now that you are confirmed are very small.

Otherwise, if you check periodically on your trustee's 13Network or NationalDataCenter website to ensure your payments are received and deposited by your trustee and how the trustee's disbursements are going, you should be fine without PACER now that you are confirmed.
      thanks!

Comment

I used PACER for the first three months before our confirmation was final. Lots of useful info regarding creditor actions. Very nice to know you can access the info at home rather than going to the court house. Ran up an $8 bill. Haven't used it for almost 10 months. Nothing will change until the end of our bk. I do use the NDC every two weeks to see when my payments post with the trustee. Nice way to keep track of what and when claims get paid.
        Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Pacer is always useful because the first time you view a document related to your case, there is no charge.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

After confirmation, not really necessary.

Comment

I agree with PP, but wanted to add that some trustees discourage the use of Pacer. I signed up directly after filing. Then I was told in my debtor education class that my trustee is not supportive of it because it racks up a "debt" even though it is minuscule. It was helpful though.
              Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
              Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
              60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X