How to Handle Stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minan View Post
    This forum is also my outlet. I told my brother, however am not telling my parents. A few key friends know and are trying to be helpful, however they don't understand the process so our conversations tend to get frustrating for them and me. I'm trying not to impose. They all have kids, etc...and sometimes I get a sense that my problems are too much drama for them.
    As helpful and people try to be, I really don't think anyone can fully understand the stress of BK unless they went through it, too.

My attorney and his assistant always sensed my extreme stress and anxiety during the appointments and the best advice they gave me was to try and forget about the emotions and guilt of BK and accept it for what it is: a business decision. BEST ADVICE EVER!
    Ch. 13
    5 payments down, 55 to go

Comment

Absolutely a business decision. And, its the smart people in this world that take advantage of it.

Recently, I was listening to an "expert" discuss the financial mess most people are in, and he stated that this mess was not their fault when you consider the housing mess created by the banks (yes, the banks are most responsible for this mess and their false rating systems and lies) and unemployment....

As I looked back to the reasons I filed, most of it goes back to the home I bought at the peak and losing my job.

With a 30-40k pay cut, and a home that lost 50% equity, what was I supposed to do?

BK was the responsible thing to do.

And the stupid general public (yes, the general public is not very smart, they are sheep) makes you believe that filing for BK is not responsible....

but when things get out of control, you have to get the control back. And the best way to do that is to UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS and never let other take advantage of you...

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

Comment

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
        Absolutely a business decision. And, its the smart people in this world that take advantage of it.

Recently, I was listening to an "expert" discuss the financial mess most people are in, and he stated that this mess was not their fault when you consider the housing mess created by the banks (yes, the banks are most responsible for this mess and their false rating systems and lies) and unemployment....

As I looked back to the reasons I filed, most of it goes back to the home I bought at the peak and losing my job.

With a 30-40k pay cut, and a home that lost 50% equity, what was I supposed to do?

BK was the responsible thing to do.

And the stupid general public (yes, the general public is not very smart, they are sheep) makes you believe that filing for BK is not responsible....

but when things get out of control, you have to get the control back. And the best way to do that is to UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS and never let other take advantage of you...

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
        Very true. Knowledge is the key.

Now I wish I just had patience to let the process take its course. That's the hard part for me - not knowing every aspect of this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by minan View Post
          Very true. Knowledge is the key.

Now I wish I just had patience to let the process take its course. That's the hard part for me - not knowing every aspect of this thing.
          This forum will answer your questions.

Most important thing I have learned is to just be patient, and watch the spending. Vacations are out of the question, for example.

And when others want to do silly things like "go out" and spend money (well, you almost always spend money going out), then I just make an excuse.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X