Cheap chap 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap chap 13?

Hey everyone, I wanted to know if anyone knows of a good lawyer in the chicago area that wont charge me an arm and a leg to get a 13 filed. I most likely will have to pay 100% back because of the amount of money i make but i just cant come up with 2 thousand or 3 thousand in 2 or three weeks to start the chap 13.. Any ideas?
    7/17/07:Completed: Chapter 7 Filed - Pre-filing true FICO 503/486/489
    8/14/07:Completed: 341 Meeting
    8/16/07:Completed: File No Asset Case by trustee
    10/15/07:Completed: Last day for objections

lawyers in my area only chage a down payment of 100-500 dollars and they include the rest in the plan payment. Did you ask about that anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by iamwhoiam View Post
      Hey everyone, I wanted to know if anyone knows of a good lawyer in the chicago area that wont charge me an arm and a leg to get a 13 filed. I most likely will have to pay 100% back because of the amount of money i make but i just cant come up with 2 thousand or 3 thousand in 2 or three weeks to start the chap 13.. Any ideas?

Most attorneys won't require the full fee up front in a Chapter 13. They'll put some part of their fee into the plan.

But you've got a different issue: Your signature says that you filed Chapter 7 in July of 2007. You don't mention a discharge date, but, assuming you got a discharge, 4 years must pass between the date of that discharge and the filing of your new 13 or you won't get a discharge in your 13. But, if you're going to pay a 100% plan, you won't really need a discharge.
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
        Most attorneys won't require the full fee up front in a Chapter 13. They'll put some part of their fee into the plan.

But you've got a different issue: Your signature says that you filed Chapter 7 in July of 2007. You don't mention a discharge date, but, assuming you got a discharge, 4 years must pass between the date of that discharge and the filing of your new 13 or you won't get a discharge in your 13. But, if you're going to pay a 100% plan, you won't really need a discharge.

i have the same question...was your chapter 7 ever discharged?
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I was discharged with a ch7 in sept 2007 and just got confirmed 2 weeks ago with a 13.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa View Post
            I was discharged with a ch7 in sept 2007 and just got confirmed 2 weeks ago with a 13.
            You can be confirmed inside the limitation, but come the end of your plan, you won't receive a discharge. Not supposed to, anyway.

11 USC 1328(f):

Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

It was discharged on October 17th 2007 and everything was great then they closed the store i was working in laid me off and everything turned upside down as much as i tried to keep everything paid and up to date i just couldn't its been snowballing ever since and i am just so upset that it went bad it took me months to get over the depression of doing so well then it just went south. I dont care about getting the discharge i want to basically pay whatever i can back its just no one is willing to work with me not even the car place and they get paid ontime all the time they just like to shut my car off after being a day late. So that's why i need a cheap start for my bk
              7/17/07:Completed: Chapter 7 Filed - Pre-filing true FICO 503/486/489
              8/14/07:Completed: 341 Meeting
              8/16/07:Completed: File No Asset Case by trustee
              10/15/07:Completed: Last day for objections

Comment

Originally posted by iamwhoiam View Post
                why do you only have 2-3 weeks

the only reasons i can think of is if your wages are heavily garnished or loosing you home or car

Comment

I don't know if you want to do it with an attorney or go it alone but this company www_bankruptcyonlinetoday_com does good work a friend of mine used them for a thirteen and they helped with the plan I guess as well

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X