2 months behind with mortgage payment, chapter 13 payments are on time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 months behind with mortgage payment, chapter 13 payments are on time

Anyone in ch13 late on their mortgage? Has anyone been dismissed because they are behind on their mortgage?

Wells Fargo cracked their whip and filed a relief from stay when I got about 55 days past due.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I'm not an attorney, but my guess is that before to long your mortgage holder will file for a Relief of Stay in order to proceed with foreclosure. Based on the knowledge I have gleemed from this board, your choices are to 1) bring the payments up to date before it becomes more of an issue; 2) if you couldn't pay due to a temporary circumstance, yet you can get back on track/keep up your mortgage payments + plan payments from here on out, then perhaps your attorney can modify the plan in order to add those missed payments into it to be paid over the remainder of the plan or 3) let the house go and amend the Ch 13 and/or convert to a 7 if possible.

ETA: And the fourth option: if you can't afford the Mortgage + plan payment now due to a lower income, and are paying something to your unsecured/there is room to adjust your plan payment so you have more money each month to actualy pay your mortgage, then that is something to also discuss with your attorney.

Good luck.

Comment

Never miss any plan or other payments while in a Chapter 13. Contact your attorney right away. You should have contacted your attorney when you realized you could not make your first, now past due, mortgage payment. You are risking dismissal so contact your attorney first thing in the morning.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X