top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmation Hearing is set for 2 weeks prior to deadline for objection to discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation Hearing is set for 2 weeks prior to deadline for objection to discharge

341 hearing 14 September
    Confirmation Date 6 October
    Objection to discharge Date 18 October
    Deadline to file proof of claim 15 November

I had thought that once plan was confirmed no one else could object?
    Can anyone shed some light please!
    thanks,!
    Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Objection to Discharge is totally different from an Objection to Confirmation of Plan.

Let me explain. The objection to discharge is for creditors who believe that you should be obligated to pay the entire debt back to them, and not be able to discharge any of the debt. For a Chapter 13, this almost NEVER happens. That is, in a Chapter 13, hardly any creditor objects to the discharge, because they may actually get paid "something" over the life of a Chapter 13 Plan. So let's just put that out of our head.

I am almost willing to bet, because I'm from Florida too, that your Confirmation Hearing on October 6, 2010 is only a Preliminary Confirmation Hearing. They have this preliminary hearing because by law, the confirmation hearing must be within 60 days of the 341 Meeting (or within so many days of filing, I just can't remember). This "preliminary" hearing is usually just the Trustee letting the Judge know that you have actually been paying on-time. This is the first opportunity for the Trustee to dismiss your case for things like... well... not paying your plan payment!

In any event, this meeting is always "continued" until after the last day to file a claim. I would suspect that your Final Confirmation Hearing will be scheduled to be sometime in December, to give times for all the claims to settle. Also, the Final Confirmation Hearing is a time where all objections to Claims and confirmation will be heard by the judge in an "evidentiary" hearing format.

I hope this has helped you.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

thanks for info!!
      Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X