No announcement yet.

High trustee payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a great post. I fought with my attorney tooth and nail about the Means Test vs DMI vs. Trustee payment. What we landed on was a payment that is way too high because she would not fight for us. There were MANY ways that she failed us, but she was one of those that just said "you make too much" and forced us into a 13 (to get more $$ perhaps?) and now after a lot of research I think we could have been discharged in a Chapter 7 based on a means test that was done correctly.

Now we are thinking about getting a new attorney even though we have already been confirmed and most of this awful attorney's fees have been paid. Not sure if it will come out of our pocket to pay a new one, but it's better than paying a huge monthly payment for 5 years because of attorney incompetence.

Comment

trustee payment

hi, this is my first time posting, my trustee is using overtime I make every week to figure out my payment but the OT will not be there every week, i've tried to explain this but nobody will listen....how can I get them to understand that I've been begging my employee for the OT and it will not be there every week.

thanks for any input
      Mike

Comment

are you in a 100% payback already? The overtime really shouldn't be included in the regular payments but if not paying 100% they would require you to give them whatever extra you do get. I would call the attorney and tell him again or his paralegal that this is overtime and not regular pay. Give us a little input on what they say you are paying.

Comment

Does anybody know?

If I have judgements against me and I have a mortgage that is up to date are the judgements a lien against my property?

Comment

Originally posted by karm43 View Post
            If I have judgements against me and I have a mortgage that is up to date are the judgements a lien against my property?
            Can be...the judgments usually need to be filed with the County Clerk's office in which you reside, but once recorded, the judgments act as a lien against your home.

Comment

Does that make it harder to file chap 7 and keep your home i am up to date never been late on mort

Comment

If you have sufficient exemptions to protect your equity, or the equity is zero, you can void the judgments representing unsecured debt.
                filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X